Monday 17 September 2012

La Petite Cuisine (Upper Thompson)

When there's a will, there's a way. I mentioned that I wanted to try out more of La Petit Cuisine's food in my earlier post, and yesterday I 'coerced' my sister into going there for lunch with me again.




This time, I ordered the Dory Fish with White Wine Butter ($12.50), changing the butter rice to fries for an extra $1. This was served in a nice 'seashell' like plate. For the price, the portion was very generous - 3 fresh fillets, nicely pan-fried and topped with chopped tomatoes and herbs. My sister and I found the fries really good and done just the way we like it, with it being crispy and oily outside, and soft and potatoey (not too much though!) inside. The sis mentioned that she saw them soaking lots of potatoes in a bucket, so we assumed the fries were house-made. Kudos!




My sister ordered the Steak Frites ($15) - wonderfully tender and juicy steak, even if it was done medium well (we're not fans of bloody steak), and flavorful to boot. It came with salad and the aforementioned fries as sides.



Bread rolls and butter were given complimentary at the start of the meal. A nice, thoughtful gesture, even more so when we weren't paying any service tax (or GST too, for that matter).

La Petite Cuisine is easily one of my favorite restaurants in Upper Thomson for it's reasonable prices, unpretentious settings, and lip-smacking French/Western food.


No comments:

Post a Comment